Friday 30 January 2015

I'm supporting All Presidential Candidates - IBB sets the record straight

Eyebrows were raised after former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) apparent endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan and then shortly afterwards the presidential candidate of the (APC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), and promising to mobilise retired military generals to support the latter..
However, during a talk show on Channels TV, on Thursday the former president said he endorses all 14 presidential candidates in the forthcoming election.He added that all the candidates had displayed passion for the unity of the country.

Asked by the presenter of the programme, Ms. Kadaria Ahmed, if he had thrown his weight behind Jonathan, Babangida said he alluded to it.

“I did allude to that. I said I found him as someone who has a very strong belief about the unity of this country.Those of us who fought the civil war and I still carry a bullet here as a permanent reminder in me, so anyone who talks about Nigeria’s unity, I get impassioned about it.So what I said is that the president believes in the unity of this country and any other person who believes in the unity of this country should support the president to keep the country one,” he said.
Continuing, Babangida said as far as the presidential election was concerned, all the 14 presidential candidates had his blessing.

“The only difference and I did mention it, is that I have not been able to read what they have to offer to this country and I am going to do that. Whoever offers what I was looking forward to I will cast my vote,”


CLICK HERE to follow us on Google+ so as to get instant updates on published posts.

CLICK HERE To Follow Us on Twitter for Live Updates on Twitter

Subscribe to our BBM Channel ( C0030950B or search for 'Date360') to get live updates on published post.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOIN OUR CHANNEL ON BBM