Monday 27 April 2015

Aww, the love between this old couple will blow your mind :) [MUST SEE]


Love can be so so sweet when one finds his/her soul-mate. Reverend Moses Iloh, 85 years and Pastor Edith, 74 years, tied the knot recently at Soul Winning Chapel in Yaba.

They eagerly shared their love story at the venue of the holy matrimony.
The two lovebirds met way back a the Red Cross Society, where the wife was a junior member and the husband belonged to the senior team.They  have been married for 50 years before deciding to renew their vows in a service officiated by their children and attended by friends, families and well wishers.

The bride on their love story
According to Pastor Edith Iloh, who is a former teacher with Ijero Baptist School, Apapa, Lagos her marriage  was an answer to prayers. In her words,  ”I had prayed to God to give me a man who will love, cherish and pamper me and God gave me somebody who is 11 years older.”

”I was not a strong Christian at that time but there were some attributes I wanted in a man; a man who I will help to fulfil his destiny and I thank God he was caring although he was very busy but God gave me the grace to cope. He is a man of the people and he likes taking risks. Our first baby was delivered shortly after the war but God saw us through,”
Edith implored younger wives to be patient. She said that, ”marriage is not a bed of roses. Couples should realise this so that they don’t truncate God’s purpose for their families.”

The groom on their love story
Reverend Iloh said that it took him about four years to secure the consent of Edith's parent who hinged on cultural practices to retain their daughter.
Reverened Iloh said, ”As a young man, I was so occupied to the extent that I had no time for women. Her father was a chief and the tradition did not permit her to marry outside her kinsmen but we were able to surmount the obstacle and the union has been a smooth one till date. I married her to love and cherish her. All my concern was to blend her to my vision which I achieved,”

Founder of Soul Winning Chapel, Yaba, Lagos,-Pastor Iloh,  who is known for his straight-forward social criticism was elated as he and wife celebrated God's faithfulness.

The presiding bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission, TREM, Dr. Mike Okonkwo  took the only sermon of the day.
Reverend  Iloh,  hails from Imo State is 85 years old while his Anambra State-born wife is 11 years younger, Vanguard reports
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOIN OUR CHANNEL ON BBM